Substitute House Bill 1912 has made it out of the House Technology and Economic Development Committee and has been introduced in the Finance Committee.
If you are a constituent in a district with a representative on the Finance Committee, we encourage you to contact your legislator right away to remind them that you support solar. Links to each Finance Committee member and corresponding district below.
Feel free to use the following letter in your email or call to your rep. Thank you!
“Dear (your representative),
I am in support of SHB 1912; this bill will expand solar energy installations while reducing the annual cost to the state by:
- Extending the expiration date and per-utility limit for a public utility tax (PUT) credit that funds the Renewable Energy System Cost Recovery Program (Cost Recovery Program).
- Ending certain sales and use tax exemptions, as applied to solar equipment, at the end of 2015 instead of 2018 or 2020.
- Modifying the Cost Recovery Program to provide lower base incentive rates, different bonus rates, and annual step-downs in the rates for newly certified systems.
- Allowing renewable energy systems owned by third parties to receive the Cost Recovery Program incentive, and provides a regulatory framework for third- party owners.
- Directing the Department of Ecology to develop recommendations for a solar module recycling program.
- Requiring an independent consultant to prepare a two-phase “Smart Plan for a Smart Grid” study.
Please vote YES on 1912″
List of representatives on the Finance Committee:
- Reuven Carlyle, Chair, 36th district (Seattle-Magnolia, Queen Anne, Ballard, etc.; map of district)
- Steve Tharinger, Vice Chair, 24th district (Olympia Peninsula-Port Angeles, Port Townsend, Aberdeen, etc.; map of district)
- Terry Nealy, Ranking Minority, 16th district (South Central WA-Prosser, Walla Walla, etc.; map of district)
- Ed Orcutt, Asst Ranking Min., 20th district (South I-5 corridor-Centralia, Chehalis, etc.; map of district)
- Cary Condotta, 12th district (North Central WA-Wenatchee, Twisp, Chelan, etc.; map of district)
- Joe Fitzgibbon, 34th district (West Seattle, Vashon Island, etc.; map of district)
- Matt Manweller, 13th district (Central Washington-Ellensburg, Moses Lake, etc.; map of district)
- Gerry Pollet, 46th district (North/Northeast Seattle, Lake Forest Park, Kenmore, etc.; map of district)
- Chris Reykdal, 22th district (Thurston County-Olympia, Lacey, etc.; map of district)
- June Robinson, 38th district (Western Snohomish-Everett, Marysville, etc.; map of district)
- Cindy Ryu, 32th district (North Seattle suburbs-Shoreline, Lynnwood, etc.; map of district)
- Larry Springer, 45th district (East King County-Kirkland, Woodinville, Duvall, etc.; map of district)
- Drew Stokesbary, 31th district (East Pierce County-Buckley, Enumclaw, etc.; map of district)
- Brandon Vick, 18th district (area surrounding Vancouver, WA-Battle Ground, Camas, etc.; map of district)
- J.T. Wilcox, 2nd district (Pierce & Thurston Counties-Yelm, Eatonville, etc.; map of district)
- Sharon Wylie, 49th district (Vancouver, WA and surrounding area; map of district)